Our centre’s Transition to School programme has been created in response to the parent’s and children’s need to prepare to start primary school.
Our Transition to School Programme supports a child’s engagement with the school, their wellbeing and their ongoing learning direction. Our transition programme is collaboratively planned and evaluated by all people involved.
Our programme includes:
- Planned experiences to support children to feel settled in a new place (their new school)
- Information sessions and workshops for parents and carers.
- Ongoing experiences and learning for the children.
Research shows that children learn best when they feel safe and supported. Our programme, therefore, helps children to become comfortable with the new school environment and to reduce the anxiety they may feel during their first few weeks of primary school.
Our program also aims to support children in developing several skills before starting primary school, such as:
- Physical health and wellbeing
- Social competence
- Emotional maturity
- Language and cognitive skills
- Communication skills and general knowledge
Contact Us for more information about this programme.